The S-word Sisterhood

everything you wanted to say or do but never had the guts to. come join the s-word sisterhood and get to share your secrets with RUBY: a vivaciously SEXUAL 22 year old. REN: a 30 year old, free spirited SENSUAL mystery

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Invisible Band

REN speaks:
Buddy Travis has been away for some time, but I finally got the chance to meet him and his new love... Bea.
Upon meeting Bea, I wasn't sure if I emitted an overly protective vibe over Travis.. but I didn't care. No one, and I mean NO ONE was EVER going to be good enough for my baby.
Within seconds, I realized.. I've never seen Travis so happy. it looked.. no, it FELT, like he discovered a new way to smile. And whoever sparked that, must be doing something right.
And fortunately, Bea turned out to be a gem of a character.

We 3 were on our way to a karaoke session with a bunch of people we hardly knew.
"Afraid for Love to Fade" by The CompanY was on their playlist in the car.

AFRAID FOR LOVE TO FADE - The CompanY

My head's in a jam
Can't take you off my mind
From the time we met
I've been beset by thoughts of you
And the more that I ignore this feeling
The more I find myself believing
That I just have to see you again
I can't let you pass me by
I just can't let you go
But I know that I am much too shy
To let you know
Afraid that I might say the wrong words
And displease you
Afraid for love to fade
Before it can come true
Like a child again
I'm at a loss for words
How does one define
A crush combined with longing?
Longing to possess you oh so dearly
I'm obsessed by you completely
I'll go mad if I can't have you
I can't let you pass me by
I just can't let you go
But I know that I am much too shy
To let you know
Afraid that I might say the wrong words
And displease you
Afraid for love to fade
Before it can come true
(Instrumental)
Oooooooooohhhhhhh
I can't let you pass me by
I just can't let you go
But I know that I am much too shy
To let you know
Afraid that I might say the wrong words
And displease you
Afraid for love to fade
Before it can come true
I can't let you pass me by
I just can't let you go
Let me say the things and say the words
To let you know
I would rather say the awkward words
Than lose you
Or for love to fade
Before it can come true

I was going to myself: What the fuck.. What kind of a fuck-all song is this? Like.. How disgustingly sweet can you be? Gimme a break!!!

So we got to the party. After a series of random rock belting from the rest, these 2 chose this song, stepped up, picked up their mics, stood slightly apart from each other, and waited for their lines to begin.
Amidst the rowdy crowd, I turned to look at them upon hearing the song's introduction. I put my glass of whiskey down, listened and stared at them throughout the entire song.
I thought to myself then… this was a couple who knew… that they were the only 2 who mattered in the room.

So yeah.. The song I was so totally disgusted with? I’m actually playing it right now… on repeat mode while writing this entry..



I'm still a little bit of a skeptic on everlasting romantic love..
But I’m ALL for its possibility…

Travis honey, I’m truly, madly, deeply... happy for you…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home