The S-word Sisterhood

everything you wanted to say or do but never had the guts to. come join the s-word sisterhood and get to share your secrets with RUBY: a vivaciously SEXUAL 22 year old. REN: a 30 year old, free spirited SENSUAL mystery

Friday, July 21, 2006

Mommy Dearest Episode 2

REN speaks:
One morning, about a month ago, I handed my mum a pair of scissors and stood in front of the full length mirror in the living room.

REN:
Here.. Chop it off.

MUM:
What?

REN:
You’re always nagging me about my hair.. Well, chop it off.
I don’t need any specific style so I’m not bothering to go to the salon. Just cut a straight line. (my hair was down to my hips)

MUM:
Er… how short do you want it?

REN:
Whatever.. 10 inches?

MUM:
(getting nervous) are you sure?

REN:
Yeah.. It’s getting messy. Chop it.

MUM:
(she starts snipping) ok. Done.

REN:
(I turned to check the length) did you cut it AT ALL?

MUM:
Hahahaha.. I think 2 cm.

REN:
Please! What’s the fucking difference? Chop it! At least above my waist.

MUM:
(she continues silently.. Snip, snip, snip..) ok, I refuse to cut anymore. It’s going to get too short. That’s it. No shorter than this.

REN:
(I took a look at it. It was about 2 inches above my waist..)
Ok. That’s perfect..
(I swept my hair to the front from both sides)
Hmmm…Don’t you think IF a woman has long hair, it should reach a little below the breasts? This is the perfect length actually.

MUM:
(rolling eyes)
You just relate EVERYTHING to sex.

REN:
Why were you so worried about cutting my hair anyway?

MUM:
Because i'm worried that no Indian will fuck you if your hair is too short.

REN:
Hahahahahaha! What rubbish..

MUM:
There’ll be no hope of me getting a son-in-law if Indians won’t fuck you.

REN:
Hahahahaha… God.. I think I really did some severe damage on you.

MUM:
yeah.. i got brainwashed by you. even I am noticing indians now.. and don’t you remember.. It got to a point where I named your children.
Raj and Pooja.

REN:
Hahahahaha.. Names I wouldn’t pick, but I get the idea.

MUM:
The Indian son-in-law is not even an expectation. It’s a given.

REN:
Hahahaha.. Good. Not necessarily true, but good. Anyway, you have no choice in the matter. whatever color i choose.

MUM:
I know…

REN:
But seriously, who knows.. i might bring a babi home one day.

MUM:
Don’t make my toes laugh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home